Dr. Melanie Dillett-Dukes, Founder and CEO of BeyondFree, LLC, joins Dr. Vanessa Weaver to speak about her latest book My Freedom: Be Free. Be Brave. Be Radical., as well as the concept of growth and self-reflection in the world of DEI work.
In this Episode
· A brief introduction to Dr. Melanie Dillett-Dukes and her work, her upbringing as a daughter of a United Nations official and international student, and how that influenced her to begin her work in the space of diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as individual growth and self-management
· A dive into Dr. Dillett-Duke’s newest book My Freedom: Be Free. Be Brave. Be Radical., which highlights the importance of personal exploration and vulnerability as tools for navigating topics of diversity and inclusion
· How storytelling can be used as a method of self-reflection, addressing past trauma, finding closure on different events that have happened in one’s life, and discovering who one truly is
· How the book is tied to a need for companies to understand authenticity in the workplace and how that intersects with their personal lives, and how the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for one to truly understand what their life is about
· How listeners can begin their journey into self-discovery, transparency, and using those to deconstruct biases they have of the people around them
· My Freedom Journey: Be Free. Be Brave. Be Radical.
Follow Us on Social Media
Workin’ It Out
Diversity and Inclusion Television