Sonia Alleyne, Co-Founder of Storytellers, and author of I Kicked Ass at Work: The Strategy Journal for Career Professionals joins Dr. Vanessa Weaver to speak about helping workers gain better insight into their job performance and career progression, and how to bolster both.
In this Episode
· Sonia Alleyne’s own experiences with self-doubt in her job, how journaling helped her establish feelings of ownership, confidence, and accomplishment in her work, and how she has begun to help other women do the same
· The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on workers across the United States, how it made them reconsider what were the most important things to them in life, and look at their careers in a new light and possibly change them
· How journaling can help workers reflect on and review their actions, emotions, challenges, and accomplishments and examine what works and what can be improved on
· Generational differences between Generation Z and baby boomers on approaches to the challenges they face in the workplace and how to overcome them
· Advice for workers on how they can make themselves valuable to their organizations and how organizations can make their environments stronger and more supportive
· Storytellers: Words. Images. Magic.
· I Kicked Ass at Work: The Strategy Journal for Career Professionals
Follow Us on Social Media
Workin’ It Out
Diversity and Inclusion Television